The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Uganda is a national humanitarian and development organisation of the Seventh-day Adventist Church—tasked to serve humanity so all may live as God intended.
ADRA Uganda is looking for a Director of Finance and Administration:
Job Title: Finance & Administration Director
Department: Finance and Administration Department
Reporting Line: Country Director
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Country Director, the Director of Finance and Administration oversees the financial and operations of the organisation while ensuring value for money.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation of financial and operations policies, procedures and regulations.
- Draw the organisation’s annual budget and fully manage it with accuracy.
- Ensure budget monitoring, cash flow projections, financial controls and operating systems are functioning and diligently enforced.
- Responsible for generation of the organisation’s financial reports i.e. monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually.
- Ensure contracting and procurement procedures and regulations are based on the approved procedures in place.
- Contribute to the promotion and proper management of the grants system.
- Develop and improve a reliable and sound internal control system for head office and field offices.
- Assist in the preparation of external audits
- Workout an audit action plan and do a follow up on audit recommendations.
- Supervise, establish a highly motivated and functional finance and logistics team
- Validate fixed asset register and reconciliation with the accounting system
- Update tender and contract register and follow up of consultancies, contractor contract and stock of stationary
- Participate in the tendering, evaluation, selection, placement and monitoring of contracts.
- Have an up to date knowledge of related procurement legislation for Public procurement and grants.
- Ensuring compliance with the grant agreements concluded with the partners/donors.
- Supervise and manage the performance and development of the finance and logistics team.
Required Experience and Qualification
- A Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Management and professional courses like ACCA, CPA, & CMIA. A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in Financial Management including substantial experience in the NGO setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, organisational skills, with a problem-solving attitude who works both independently and as a collaborative team player.
- Experience working well under pressure with the flexibility to adapt to changing work requirements is essential.
- Candidate must be skilled strategic thinker and performance management driven.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field and work with field staff as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing bank accounts, cash flow and treasury.
- Have very good analytic and problem-solving skills
- Good Excel knowledge and the ability to use Excel to its fullest in developing models knowledge of SunPlus system will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
All qualified and interested candidates who are aged 60 years and below, should submit their applications online not later than 19th April 2019.
Only qualified candidates will be notified for interviews.