CONSULTANT IS URGENTLY NEEDED
Since 2009 ADRA Uganda, with support from ADRA Denmark and Danida, has been implementing the Action for Social Change (ASC) in Northern Karamoja. The programme focuses on resilience building and civil society development, and its strategy is to improve the livelihood opportunities of people living in poverty to be in a better physical and mental position to claim and realise their rights and hereby enhance their resilience. It also focuses on strengthening community structures to permit community members to communicate their needs and concerns and claim their rights and on strengthening the capacity of duty-bearers to respond to these claims. The main objectives of the programme are:
1) Community structures that permit community members to communicate their needs, concerns and rights are in place
2) Community members have the knowledge and skills to claim and realise their rights and utilise livelihood opportunities.
3) Local and national executive authorities have capacity, resources and willingness to respond to needs and claims raised by poor communities
The needed consultant should be able to work on this assignment for at least 14 days, and should be available starting 7th November 2018.
He / she should have:
• Local knowledge (Uganda and Karamoja specifically) and international experience, in particular in the field of international development
• Knowledge on community empowerment and sustainability with a focus on civil society development
• Knowledge of advocacy and the Human Rights-Based Approaches to development (HRBA)
• Experience with community-based groups, community-based livelihood approaches and in particular VSLAs
• Experience in conducting evaluations and writing reports
• Fluency in English (oral and written)
Interest consultants should submit an expression of interest and current CV, by Friday 7th November 2018, to Laura Nielsen (email@example.com) with copies to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com