Working at ADRA is more than just a job—it’s an opportunity to be a part of something bigger. Our work is making a difference in the lives of thousands of people in Uganda. Through hard work, perseverance, and deep commitment we turn limited resources into life-changing solutions.
Community Support Officer for a Pilot Advocacy Project
Deadline: 24th September 2018
Job Title: Community Support Officer
Duty Station: Pader, Northern Uganda
Reports To: Project Manager, SCALE Project
Duration: 3 Months
Job Summary: The candidate will be overall in-charge of the Pilot Advocacy Project, able to lead, manage, align, mobilise, and coordinate advocacy activities of the project.
S/he will also double with accounting roles supporting the finance department in management of different project funds.
1. Carryout a baseline survey on child labor, defilement and forced marriages towards children who are in and out of school
2. Networking and orientation of stakeholders who are involved in community development activities.
3. Training of stakeholders in advocacy and the right to education.
4. Supporting go to school campaigns.
5. Facilitate stay in school campaigns.
6. Support spot messages to broad cast advocacy campaigns.
7. Support and facilitate music, dance and drama.
8. Support relevant stakeholders to engage in exposure visits in secondary schools, university and offices for inspiration purposes.
9. Conduct dialogue meetings with district leaders.
10. Do any other official duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience: The ideal candidate should hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Political science, Development Studies or any other related qualification.
Significant experience in advocacy, education, mobilisation of people and resources. Extensive experience of advocacy in a range of contexts: human rights law and humanitarian law, ability to identify, analyse opportunities for influencing government positions on human rights issues. Ability to develop project plans consistent with organisational strategies and priorities to monitor and evaluate outcomes.
He/she must be keen on details and well-organised individual with good communication skills.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.